MRUSplitButton, TextBox and DropDown not working in CustomGroup

Apr 26, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Hi,

I want to use MRUSplitButton, TextBox, DropDown and SplitButton in a custom group. Only the SplitButton and the usual Button works. The others aren't displayed in a custom group. As I bind them to a native group, e.g. Ribbon.ListItem.Manage, it's working. But not in mine.

I've tried the simple and the three row templates. I tried to bind it via object model (putting the controls into the collection) and binding them per location.

What did I miss? Thank you for your great job!
Coordinator
Apr 26, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Hi jho,

Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate this :)

It's hard to say what's wrong in your case, unless you provide some code to chew on.

First things first, TextBox and DropDown can't be used with Simple template, since these are controls that have fixed size. I think I have this mentioned somewhere in documentation or in intellisense, but maybe I need to emphasize this fact, because you're not the first who stumbles on it. So you have to either create a custom template yourself or use ThreeRow.

Also it's not quite clear what you mean by "putting controls into the collection and binding them per location". Really, the code fragment would be of much help.

Best,
Andrei