Adding to existing group/tab

May 10, 2012 at 1:41 PM
I am using the control to creat custom tabs and groups on my master page. It works great. But if I have feature project that will deploy/add a button to the custom tabs , how do I do that ?
Coordinator
May 10, 2012 at 1:47 PM

You can deploy a control globally by using Delegate Control technique. I have a blog post about this:

Also, please consider using RibbonCustomAction class.

May 10, 2012 at 1:52 PM
I am deploying it using a delegate control on the master page. That's works great but I have another project need to a button to the tabs that were created by the delegate control

On Thursday, May 10, 2012, omlin wrote:

You can deploy a control globally by using Delegate Control technique. I have a blog post about this:

Also, please consider using RibbonCustomAction class.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (spribbon@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email spribbon@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Coordinator
May 10, 2012 at 2:05 PM
Edited May 10, 2012 at 2:06 PM

got it!

So you have two projects:

1. First has delegate control which deploys a ribbon tab.
  2. Second should add a button to the existing tab, which was created by the first project

You can achieve this by using some plugin technique. For example, you can serialize all the buttons in the tab and store them somewhere, say in SPWeb.Properties. Then, your second project could fetch the serialized data, deserialize, add it's button to the collection, serialize and put it back so the first project will render the updated collection of buttons, including the button from the second project.

May 10, 2012 at 2:07 PM
Yea that's what was thinking .. thanks !

On Thursday, May 10, 2012, omlin wrote:

got it!

So you have two projects:

1. First has delegate control which deploys a ribbon tab.
  2. Second should add a button to the existing tab, which were created by the first project

You can achieve this by using some plugin technique. For example, you can serialize all the buttons in the tab and store them somewhere, say in SPWeb.Properties. Then, your second project could fetch the serialized data, deserialize, add it's button to the collection, serialize and put it back so the project delegate control will render updated collection of buttons.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (spribbon@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email spribbon@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Feb 4, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Could you please provide a code sample for Adding to existing group/tab
?
Coordinator
Feb 6, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Please refer to my sample projects (see "Source Code" tab), there are plenty of examples of this kind of stuff there.

For example, in Feature receiver of the FluentRibbon.Elementary project I'm adding a sample button to List Tools -> Items -> Manage.